We can’t run a great show without a great crew, and that’s where you come in. The Escape Winter Con exists because fans just like you go above and beyond to make the show as good as it can be. We are always looking for additional crew members, as it is folks like yourself that make the whole endeavor worth it.
NOTE: A pre-purchased badge to the convention is required to participate.
Below is the basic information for each section of the Escape Winter Con manned by The Escape Winter Con Crew. When you are assigned to an area, you will receive an email with more information about your duties and requirements.
Space in The Escape Winter Con Crew is limited, so do not delay your application! If you can no longer assist for any reason, please give us as much notice in advance as possible.
Gamers like you! The Escape Winter Con Crew consists of fans who assist at the convention and who hope to help out where help is required.
Where do we need help? In the following areas:
- Setup and Breakdown
- The Escape Winter Con Library
- Board Game Headquarters
- Demos, Events, and Tournaments
- Special Events
- and More!
It’s good to be a part of the Crew! Compensation is handled on a case-by-case basis, which often includes free badges, free gear that touts your involvement, and other rewards provided at our discretion.
Our standard compensation package is provided for twelve (12) work hours:
- Refunded badge ($50)
- $25 Gift Certificate
- Exclusive Con Crew Pin
- A free t-shirt
The Escape Winter Con thanks all of the Crew for their hard work!
As representatives of The Escape Winter Convention, we expect a certain level of maturity and conduct from our Crew. These guidelines are to be followed while on and off shift:
- Be friendly and helpful.
- Be on time to your scheduled shift.
- Call or text your coordinating staff member if you are going to be late or need to change your schedule.
- No profanity allowed.
- Only be in work areas during your designated shift.
- Report any issues or problems immediately to your coordinating staff member.
We pride ourselves in having a family friendly convention, and will not tolerate unacceptable behavior. Engaging in any of these acts puts you at risk for immediate removal from the convention, and a permanent ban on future Escape Winter Cons.
Unacceptable behaviors include: vulgar, intimidating, harassing, abusive, derogatory, discriminatory, or demeaning conduct by any Attendees and Con Crew Members of Escape Winter Con and its related events and functions. Some Escape Winter Con venues may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations. Harassment includes: offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces; deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of events; inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Escape Winter Con Crew Members are in no way employed by Escape Winter Con or its affiliates.
Visit The Escape Winter Con Crew Application Form which provides us information on who you are, what you’re interested in, and how you can help out!
In What Areas Does The Crew Assist?
A great con can’t exist without a little elbow grease! While you will assist in many areas throughout the convention, the first and foremost is making sure all items we need are in the right place at the right time. At the end of the show we’ll also need help packing up, wrapping pallets, and moving product.
This is where it all begins. Here, people can check in to the convention, get their badges, and purchase additional merchandise. The Escape Winter Con Crew who man the Registration desk will be responsible for a number of tasks:
- Checking people in to the convention.
- Handing out convention badges.
- Sorting & selling The Escape Winter Con merchandise.
One of our main attractions, we are proud to have over 1500 games available for checkout!
However, with 24 hours of non-stop gaming, we’ll need 24 hours of coverage. This will feature overnight shifts that are to be filled. Here is a list of duties for our the Crew staffing The Escape Winter Con Game Library:
- Checking games in/out of the system.
- Pulling games from the shelves and returning them.
- Pulling games in the mornings for the events running that day.
- Entering new games into our system.
- Helping Attendees decide their next game.
The hub of our convention, Crew members will always needed here. At Board Game Headquarters, attendees can sign up for Special Events, Tournaments, and Demos. This is also our Information Center. Attendees are welcome to come to Board Game Headquarters with any and all questions about the Convention. The Escape Winter Con Crew are responsible for a few things at Board Game Headquarters:
- Being the Information Center for the convention. Questions come here first!
- Helping Attendees sign up for Special Events, Tournaments, and Demos.
Final tournament preparations.
- Directing Attendees to their destinations.
During the course of the week, Demos, Tournaments, and Gaming Events will be running constantly. We need Crew to help run these events! If you sign up to assist at Tournaments, Events or Demos, we require you to know how to play the specific game being ran. There are a few responsibilities you will have:
- Teaching rules for games in Events and Demos.
- Assigning people to games in Events and Tournaments.
- Assisting those in Events and Tournaments.
- Filling out the Tournament Packet and handing out ribbons/prizes to winners.
- The Demo area will be open from 10 am to 4 pm Wednesday through Saturday.
- If wanting to demo a game, please make sure it is one you love to teach.
The Crew is key in making our Special Events work well. Here’s what you would be responsible for:
- Setting up rooms with tables and chairs for Special Events.
- Set up and take down of Audio and Video equipment for Special Events.
- Helping Manage the Special Events with the crowd.
- Breaking down areas after Tournaments, Demos, or Special Events.
If we think you’re right for the Special Events Crew, we will contact you directly.